Are you in the market for new siding? Siding is an essential part of the exterior of your home that helps maintain the charm while protecting you against the local weather. With the abrasive Minneapolis climate, your siding needs to be sturdy and able to withstand a variety of weather conditions.
But before you upgrade your siding in Minneapolis, you must know the various cost factors and types of siding that you can choose from. In this article, we’ll discuss the typical cost of siding in Minneapolis, common siding materials, signs it’s time for new siding, and information about Four Point Construction.
New Siding Cost in Minneapolis
How much does a siding replacement cost in Minneapolis? Typically, you can expect to pay from $7.00 to $35.00 per square foot for a siding replacement in Minneapolis. However, on average you can expect to pay $13.00 per square foot for new siding. Ultimately, the final cost will vary depending on installation expenses, the condition of your existing siding, the number of doors and windows, various site factors, the style of siding that you choose, and the size of your house.
There are an array of siding styles and materials you can choose from and each one has unique characteristics and advantages for your home. Generally, your new siding will last around 20 to 40 years in the Minneapolis area.
Common Siding Types in Minneapolis
Vinyl Siding: Affordable & Customizable
- Known for low maintenance and durability
- Protects against rot and water damage
- Wide variety of styles and colors to choose from
- Energy-efficient and eco-friendly
Composite Siding: Longevity
- Long-lasting weather resistance
- Available in many finishes and textures
- Can mimic the look of traditional wood
- Often incorporates recycled materials
Wood Siding: Natural & Cost-Effective
- Adds a warm and inviting touch
- Biodegradable and environmentally friendly
- Easy to repair
- Has superior insulation
Metal Siding: Resistant To Harsh Weather
- Known for easy installation
- Can withstand fire and heavy wind, rain, and snow
- Modern and sleek aesthetic
- Very low maintenance
Fiber Cement Siding: Versatile & Weather Resistant
- Can resemble the look of brick, stucco, or wood
- Resistant to warping and rotting
Hardie Board Siding: Made to Last & Classic
- A type of fiber cement siding
- Composed of sand, cement, and cellulose fibers
- Can look like wood
- Often seen in classic aesthetics
LP SmartSide Siding: Expert Design & Easy To Install
- Made from engineered wood
- Each strand is treated with zinc borate, resins, and waxes
- Designed to withstand moisture and the elements
- Minimal seams for durability and aesthetic
- Easy to install and low maintenance
9 Signs You Should Replace Your Siding
Here are 9 signs to look out for that can help you determine if it’s time to replace your siding in Minneapolis.
- Storm damage
- Dry rot
- Bubbling exterior
- Increased energy bills
- Outdated color
- Pest infestation
- The interior paint/wallpaper is peeling
If you notice any of these signs, it’s a good idea to have a siding professional come out to assess your siding and make sure that it is effectively protecting your home against the Minneapolis climate.
Four Point Construction: Your Local Siding Experts
Ultimately, updating your siding will upgrade your home’s curb appeal, help reduce your electric bills, and protect your home against the harsh Minneapolis weather. We know that the process of having new siding installed seems overwhelming, but we are here to help.
Four Point Construction has been serving the Minneapolis community since 2022 and has 21 years of experience in the industry. At Four Point Construction, we are committed to providing Minneapolis and the surrounding area with high-quality, affordable, and personalized roofing and home improvement solutions.
Our goal is to build long-term relationships within our community and to provide our customers with information so they can make the best decisions for their roofing needs. We offer a variety of services that include:
- Asphalt shingles, metal, tile, cedar, and slate roofing
- Siding installation services
- Gutter, solar, and new door installations
- Insulation services
- Replacement windows
- Storm damage repair
Call us today to learn more about our services or to request a free inspection!
( You might want a new Roof! Check our article about Roof Replacement Cost in Minneapolis! )