Skillful Residential Roof Repair Services in the Twin Cities
For On Point Service
Professional Residential Roof Repairs in Minneapolis
Regular maintenance and roof repairs are essential for prolonging a roof’s lifespan and can help catch problems early before they become significant issues. When repairing your roof, it is essential to work with a qualified and experienced roofing professional in Minneapolis to ensure that the job is done correctly and avoid potential problems. At Four Point Construction, we follow a thorough process, no matter how big or small your roof is, to ensure we take care of any issues before they turn into bigger (and more expensive!) problems. Contact us today to get your roof the care it needs—schedule your next roof inspection with us!
What to Expect When Repairing Your Roof
Roofing maintenance involves regular inspection and repair to prevent leaks and other issues. This may include installing new gutters and downspouts, removing debris from the roof surface, and checking for signs of wear and tear. Professional inspections should be performed at least once a year and more frequently in areas with severe weather or high winds. Inspection and repairing your roof typically involve several steps, including:
- Age and type: Four Point Construction will identify the type of roof on your home and how old it is.
- Solid decking: Our team will observe the wood under the shingle during the inspection to identify any spongy or soft locations. If our team members identify any soft spots, it’s usually a sign of a moisture issue in the attic space or a breach in the roof assembly.
- Flashing: We will observe the flashing on the roof of your house to see if there are any concerning areas of roofing, deterioration, or any spots where animals chewed through the flashing.
- Sealants: Throughout the inspection, our team members will look for areas of exposed nail heads, terminated flashing areas, or if there are any areas where new sealant needs to be applied.
- Paint or coating: While this part of the inspection depends on having a steel roof, our team members will identify if any coating is deteriorating prematurely due to the severe weather climate in Minnesota.
After the inspection is finished, we will create a report that identifies the following:
- Life left on the roof
- Overall condition of the roof
- Areas needing immediate attention
- Future spots needing attention
- Locations on the roof that are currently performing well
In addition to regular inspections, routine maintenance is important for the overall health of your roof. You can also take steps to extend the lifespan of their roof and avoid full roof replacement, like using energy-efficient materials, ensuring proper ventilation, and choosing a high-quality roofing product.